We care about our patients, our staff and our community greatly. Metropolitan Endodontics followed Governor Ralph Northam, Dr. Norm Oliver, Commissioner of the Virginia Department of Health executive order and ADA recommendation, and closed our office and limited our care to emergency and urgent cases. We continue to stay fully committed to our patient and our community, and will continue to do our part to prevent our patients from going to hospitals emergency rooms for dental emergencies and urgent dental care. As we are re-opening our doors, we continue to follow all guidelines to better serve our patients, community and staff. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
We have always followed and continue to follow infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, our staff and community. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions, we will ask the same screening questions when you arrive to our office.
- We kindly ask you to fill out new patient forms online on our website prior to coming in for your appointment.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Upon arrival we ask you to please call us at 703-992-7202 to let us know you are here.
- Once we are ready to see you and the previous patient has left our office and all areas have been disinfected we will call you to come in. We only allow the patient to come into our office. We kindly ask family members/friends to wait in the car at this time. A parent/guardian is welcome to wait in our waiting area when accompanying minor patient with facemask.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you.
- We ask to enter our office with facemask and to wash hands upon arrival into our office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We have added air purifiering system to our office as an added measure, along with UV light technology for our HVAC system.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 703-992-7202.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Shambayati, and our great staff at Metropolitan Endodontics